Did you know that language issues represent 2 of the top 5 reasons people abandon foreign websites that have been poorly translated? Or that you would need content written in 13 different languages to address 90% of the global economic opportunity? So in order to optimize your WordPress site in local markets, it is important that the language on your site resonates rather than aggravates to ensure visitors trust your content.
The challenge for many WordPress users, however, is how to manage your website in multiple languages, secure in the knowledge that the content accurately speaks to the user in their native tongue. The good news is that WordPress users now have access to a new tool to help them meet this challenge.
The SDL WPML Connector for WordPress links your WordPress site to SDL’s Language Cloud enabling you to easily submit content for translation into any language. Our easy-to-use platform enables you to quickly and easily manage multilingual web content and translation projects within WordPress. The connector is integrated with the WPML plugin and can be deployed rapidly enabling you and your teams to get started within minutes.
Simple, powerful and fast; SDL for WordPress is your hassle-free way to improve translation quality, accelerate speed to market of translated content and enhance the performance of your WordPress sites. Even better, our smart translation memory means that you never pay to translate something twice.
Join SDL and WordPress Multilingual (WPML) in a free Webinar on May 26th at 11am GMT to learn more international best practices with tips and tricks to help you optimize your multilingual WordPress website.
Some of the areas we’ll cover include:
- How to create international content that will be easier to translate.
- You will learn valuable tips, such as being aware of the surprising negative perception of some numbers, colors, animals and cultural expressions.
- How to structure your webpages to make translation easier
- Including why it is better to localise ecommerce websites by country, but informational websites by languages.
- How to set up your WordPress site to enable it for multiple lanmguages
- This will include installation and configuration advice as well as ongoing maintenance.
Keeping these tips in mind and deploying plugins such as the SDL WPML plugin for WordPress will enable you to accelerate your international growth as well as optimize your website performance.