SDLXLIFF Compare is a compact and fast tool used for comparing SDL XLIFF files and display the comparison results in an XML/HTML report. The comparison report is formatted in a way that simplifies the understanding of what changes were made from one version of the file to the other, whether it is textual content or segment status modifications.
This tool can be especially useful for the management of a project, to understand the amount and what type of changes were made during a translation and/or revision phase.
It uses the SDL Trados Studio API to iterate through and recover all segment pairs from the SDL XLIFF files.
- Create a comparison report that identifies clearly the changes made after translation/revision.
- Compare a single file or complete directory of files & include all results in one report.
- The user can filter what changes that they require in the report.
- Supports drag & drop (files & directories of files) with a smart auto file association feature to simplify usage.
- How the differences are highlighted in the report is fully customizable by the user (i.e. Differences Formatting) with an interface as seen with SDL Trados Studio.
- The comparison results are built into a standard xml structure that allow for integration with other systems or interoperability.
- The user can override the default style sheet that is built into the tool and use a customized version that renders the report in the browser. This could be very interesting for users that only want to view some of the information in a specific way or maybe all of the comparison records but in a completely different format.
- The reports can be used as a permanent record of the changes made during each stage of the translation workflow.
- A help file is installed with the tool to provide additional information for all functionality & settings.
Download this application now on SDL OpenExchange By Patrick Hartnett, Developer