- Seamlessly fit into a complex business environment
- Break language barriers across an increasing set of use cases
- Have a positive impact on relevant business outcomes
- Be built as a business essential, not a commodity
- Internal Communication and Collaboration: Machine Translation can enable an organization to collaborate across languages, ensuring every business decision is made with a global perspective and real understanding.
- Customer Service: Personalized customer service has been shown time and again to be the lynchpin for an outstanding user experience rating - and language is the most personal dimension there is.
- Business Intelligence: 80% of data is unstructured. Gaining a global perspective means being able to leverage all the languages that the unstructured data represents, not just the one your analyst happens to be fluent in.
- eDiscovery: A global perspective is increasingly difficult to manage in a business world where storage is virtual and the volume of content is massive.
Internal Communication & Collaboration
- Percent fewer calls to free services
- Engagement in communication
- Volume of cross-border communication
- Number of languages offered
- Number of customers served
- Customer satisfaction
- Percent of unstructured data included in analysis
- Time spent on data preparation
- Cost of data preparation
- Time savings vs. manual translation
- Number of documents processed
- Customer satisfaction
Role of MT Software:
MT software replaces unsecure and often unapproved use of free online translation utilities. It also makes communication more accessible to a broader set of employees and allows those employees to communicate with each other.
MT software allows organizations to implement more languages across more channels (web, email, chat, virtual assistant) to serve a bigger customer base. Research shows the importance of language and customer satisfaction.
MT software allows the analyst to leverage a broader data set with more languages in their analysis without investing time to get the data translated by outside resources. This reduces costs and the overall analysis timeline.
MT software allows organizations to accelerate their responsiveness and handle a larger set of documents than through manual efforts alone. This automation reduces costs and compresses timelines, increasing customer satisfaction.
Predicting what’s next for technology is always difficult and bound to be inaccurate. The overall technology trajectory is to go beyond routine automation and use AI to create smarter software. For SDL, it means making MT software smarter through Linguistic AI™ (we call it “Hai”). Linguistic AI™ learns from key content insights that may be used to improve how MT is applied and may broaden MT’s use cases beyond those already addressed. As the world becomes more interconnected, we need to break down language barriers wherever we find them and the only way to do so reliably, at the scale and speed of business, is through MT.
If you'd like to learn more about SDL's machine translation technology, and why we've been at the forefront of MT innovation, click here.