Since 1907, the SKF Group has been focused on developing new technologies that provide their customers with a competitive advantage. From maintenance products to coupling systems and product tables to actuation systems, SKF has a wide-range of products that fuel business all over the globe and in every major industry.
Unfortunately, their systems were not designed to deliver on this global scale and SFK needed to restructure their business process to meet the needs of their customer base. They selected SDL to help power their web content management and translation management for localization and within 18 months they went from having 10 websites to a single, streamlined online experience. Their customers are now able to access the information they need in their language for over 300,000 products.
SDL Web, which connects seamlessly with the SDL translation management solution, provides SKF greater control of their localized content and significant cost savings. Prior to partnering with SDL, SKF had a handful of websites that were often times only partially translated (or not translated at all) which wasn’t ideal for their customers. Now, regardless of language, their websites offer the same look and feel of the corporate site and they are recognizing the following achievements:
- 15 percent more website visits and customer inquiries per year
- 20 percent to 70 percent jump in total local site traffic
- Launched 60 localized sites in 37 languages in just 12 months – six months faster than expected
- Translation of 250,000 words on average per month
- Translation memory enables reuse of 50 percent of translated content
- 250 content managers now work from one centralized web content master
- All site visits and customer inquiries automatically route to a CRM system, helping SKF to capitalize on the uptick they’ve seen in web traffic
For more information on how SKF is providing their customers with a superior, global digital experience, visit our SKF customer page.